Design of Experiments for Chemists and Engineers
The course will introduce the DoE process and how to use it to develop and understand chemical reactions and processes. DoE is a statistical tool which enables the efficient exploration of potential reaction parameters and their effect on a process. DoE is a fundamental aspect of Quality by Design.
- Session 1: Introduction to the principals of Design of Experiments with a comparison with traditional methods.Introduction to DoE language and the DoE process. How to identify potentially important factors and ranges.
- Session 2: Designs for 2 factors. Taylor’s expansion and an introduction to the statistics. Designs for 3 and more factors. Work Shop: Selecting factors and Ranges
- Session 3: Fractional Factorial designs. Different design types from screening designs to optimisation and robustness designs.
- Session 4: How and when to use the different design types. Work shop: Calculating main effects and identifying interactions
- Review of day one.
- Session 1: Principal Component Analysis (PCA) for solvent selection.
- Session 2: Case studies
- Session 3: Workshop: Implementing DoE.
- Session 4: Review of the course and questions.
2018 training course: 23rd and 24th May 2018 at Tryp Condal Mar Hotel, Barcelona in conjunction with Scientific Update. More information