Selected Publications from Dr Andy Wells
- Use of ω‑Transaminase Enzyme Chemistry in the Synthesis of a JAK2 Kinase Inhibitor. Organic Process Research and Development, 2013, 17, 1123–1130.
- Efficient Synthesis of (S)-1-(5-Fluoropyrimidin-2-yl)ethylamine using an ω-Transaminase Biocatalyst in a Two-Phase System. Organic Process Research and Development, 2013, 17, 1117–1122.
- Use of Enzymes in the Manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients—A Science and Safety-Based Approach To Ensure Patient Safety and Drug Quality. Organic Process Research and Development, 2012, 16, 1986-1993.
- Industrial Applications of BioCatalysis: An Overview. Comprehensive Chirality, Volume 9, pp. 253-287. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2012
- Key Green Engineering Research Areas for Sustainable Manufacturing —A perspective from pharmaceutical and fine chemicals manufacturers. Organic Process Research and Development, 2011, 15, 900.
- The use of Continuous Processing to Make AZD4407 Intermediates. Pharmaceutical Process Chemistry, Pub. Wiley 2010.
- Continuous Processing in the Pharmaceutical Industry. Chapter 11, Green Chemistry in the Pharmaceutical Industry, Pub. Wiley VHC, 2010.
- Biocatalytic Routes to the Large Scale Synthesis of Lotrafiban. Asymmetric Catalysis on Industrial Scale 2nd ed. Pub. Wiley VCH, 2010.
- Enantioselective Oxidation of O-methyl – N-Hydroxylamines using Monoamine Oxidase N as a Catalyst. Chemical Communications, 2007,1530.
- Water in Organocatalytic processes: Debunking the Myths. Angewandte Chemie, International Edition 2007, 46, 3798.
- Continuous Flow Hydrogenation of Pharmaceutical Intermediate, [4-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)-3,4-dihydro-2H-naphthalenyidene methyl amine, in Supercritical Carbon Dioxide. Advances in Synthesis and Catalysis, 2007, 439, 2655.
- Selective Lipase-Catalysed Hydrolysis of a 1,2-Diester in the Development of a New Route to AZD2563 DSP. Organic Process Research and Development, 2006, 10, 644.
- Green Oxidations using Laccase –Mediator Systems. Biochemical Society Transactions, 2006, 34, 2, 304.
- On the Freshwater Ecotoxicity and Biodegredation of some Common Ionic Liquids. Organic Process Research and Development, 2006, 10, 794.
- The Development of a Manufacturing Route for the GPIIb/IIIa Receptor Antagonist SB-214857-A. Part 2: Conversion of the Key Intermediate SB-235349 to SB-214857-A. Organic Process Research and Development, 2003, 7, 663.
- Development of an Efficient Manufacturing Route to Methyl 2,3,4,5-tetrahydro-4-methyl-3-oxo-1H-benzodiazepine-2-acetate SB-235349, a Key Intermediate in the Synthesis of Lotrafiban. Organic Process Research and Development, 2003, 7, 655.
- Polymer-Supported Catalase - the Green Approach to the Removal of Hydrogen Peroxide from Reaction Mixtures. Organic Process and Development, 2002, 6, 505.
- Phosphorus Mediated Cyclisation of a beta-Aminoacrylamide to a Quinoline:a Simple Synthesis of SK&F 96067. Tetrahedron Letters. 1995, 36, 7743.
© Copyright Catalysis Consulting 2017 - All Rights Reserved.
Paul Murray Catalysis Consulting - Company Registered in England - Number 08692613.