CV of Dr Paul Murray
- Paul Murray Catalysis Consulting Ltd, Founder and Director. (From Oct 2013 )
- CatScI Ltd, Founder and Chief Scientific Officer. (Jan 2011 to Sep 2013)
- AstraZeneca, various chemical development roles up to Associate Principal Scientist. (Sep 1998 to Dec 2010)
Skills and Training
- Catalysis including the design of new shorter synthetic routes.
- Multivariate Data Analysis and advanced Design of Experiments.
- Organic chemical synthesis and process development.
- Reaction improvement by understanding the mechanism, kinetics and impurity formation of the chemistry.
- Situation appraisal, problem solving and decision making.
- Solvent and ligand selection by mapping the chemical space.
- PhD Chemistry, Trinity College Dublin;
- The synthesis of selected heterocyclic compounds as potential inhibitors of O6-alkylguanine-DNA-alkyltransferase.
- BA (Hon.) Natural Science (Chemistry), Trinity College Dublin.
- The Society of the Chemical Industry.
- The Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Current Chariman of the Applied Catalysis Group.
- The American Chemical Society.